Moxie Midwifery CareTyler, TX Midwife Services
What to Expect at Moxie Midwifery
Homebirth is a safe option for low risk mothers and babies and it is important to find the best midwife for your family!
Your birth is important. You and your baby deserve attentive care that is respectful, evidence based and family centered.
What does midwifery care look like?
- You and your midwife work together as a team. You are an active participant in your care.
- Our time spent together helps to develop a trusting relationship.
- Focusing on your nutrition and lifestyle will help you remain low-risk.
- I recommend supplements, herbal teas, chiropractic, massage therapy or body balancing therapies as a way to customize care to your specific needs.
- I love getting to know you, sharing motherhood moments and tidbits of wisdom. Appointments feel like chatting with a friend who is deeply invested in the health of you and your baby.
When you see the Midwife
10-12 weeks initial visit
12-28 weeks (every 4 weeks)
28-36 weeks (every 2 weeks)
37-42 weeks (weekly)
I don’t like to rush you through your prenatal visit. I want you to feel well cared for.
- Discussing nutrition and exercise
- Addressing any discomforts and ways to resolve them
- Monitoring your blood pressure and pulse
- Weight check
- Urinalysis at each visit.
- Monitoring baby’s growth and heartbeat
- Labs are performed at the Initial visit, 28 weeks and 36 weeks including:
○ OB Panel
○ Gestational Diabetes Screening
○ Group Beta Strep
○ Others based on your specific needs
Labor and Birth at Home
When it’s baby time, you have the luxury to stay in the comfort of your own home!
- You will be supported by phone until we decide together when to join you at your home.
- You are encouraged to eat and drink during labor.
- You will enjoy the freedom to move around and find the most comfortable way to manage labor.
- You and your baby will be monitored closely to ensure you are both safe and healthy throughout the labor process.
- You will birth surrounded by the loved ones you choose.
- I protect the first golden hour with your baby skin to skin.
- I help ensure that breastfeeding is established.
- With your baby on the bed right next to you, I perform a thorough newborn exam.
- I stay by your side for a minimum of 2 hours after you and your baby are stable.
With your baby in your arms, we monitor that you both are doing well. We help ensure you have a nourishing meal before we tuck your new family into bed and sneak out to let you rest.
You are not on your own just yet!
- I will return to your home for a postpartum visit 24-48 hours after your birth.
- Newborn Screen offered at the 2 day and 2 week visit.
- I will file the birth certificate and Social Security card for you.
- I will continue to care for you and your baby for the first six weeks postpartum.
- You will then come to the office for your 2 and 6 week visits.
- I make sure that your baby is growing appropriately by doing weight checks as needed.
- Lactation support to help insure your breastfeeding success.
- Referrals for support services as needed.
Midwifery care and homebirth is a personalized, supported journey to growing your family.
- It is an affordable choice for most families, many times less than your insurance co-pay amount.
- Moxie Midwifery offers the option to make payments throughout your pregnancy.
- I do not accept Medicaid or insurance.